Thursday, February 19, 2009

the salt lake temple

of course i love it.
it's where i was married to the man i love. forever.
it's beautiful.
it speaks of the eternal.
it shows the value of hard work and dedication.
it exudes sacrifice.
it is a symbol of the gospel i love.



Ashley Thalman is a Utah-based photographer and is a true talent. She is one of my sister in law's besties and consequently i've come to know and adore Ashley's eye. Someday i'll feature her portrait photography but if you need stunning pictures and you live in Utah- look her up.

i absoluetly love typography. i love the salt lake temple.
i love the work of cameron moll
$75 for a 17x24.



beautiful shot by the beautiful Jaqui Shumate. Jaqui and I are great friends- now separated by miles and hours. A photographer in her heart, and one day as a full-time persuit, I'm sure- Jaq is a californian-utah girl living in Tacoma, Washington. She can find the beauty in anything, and it isn't hard to find it at temple square. hire her!


temple door knob
$27 for 8x10 print at amandalewisphoto



$40 for 16x20 woodblock print at ryanjmorgan

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy you featured ash on here! i think her pictures of the temple are amazing. i love the idea that she captures everything that's important and beautiful about it, but gives an image that is different from the standard that people could totally have in their houses...i miss you! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that print by Cameron Moll. When I found it last summer it was sold out so I e-mailed him about it. When he printed more, the price went up and I couldn't convince myself to pay the money. But when he prints another round I may just have to do it because it's gorgeous. Nice to see well designed church art!

    ReplyDelete