Thursday, February 5, 2009

old volkswagons.

i have never owned a volkswagon but i am completely drawn to them. {as long as they are older than 1975.}

the bus.
nic and i have a {perhaps unrealistic} dream of buying a bus and driving around in it for weeks and weeks. we can work from a laptop and shower --- well, we haven't quite worked out all the details yet. maybe its the fact that my oldest brother mark did this. or little miss sunshine. or the fact that my dad completely hated that my oldest brother mark did this- but i really want a bus. an orange one.


the notchback.
my favorite. rare. pricey. adorable. i want a red one.




the squareback.
my parent's had one of these in the 70's and i am jealous. i wish they would have given me this at 17 to drive instead of going from a 1995 white dodge caravan to a 1993 teal ford tempo. it makes me want to keep absolutely everything so if my kids are {smart} into vintage things from the 00's and 10's i'll be able to supply them with the coolest stuff the decade had to offer.



the bug.
not rare. or pricey. but still very cute.
nic says he will build one for me someday and i hope its teal and white.

2 comments:

  1. That last picture I assumed was Nic in the shot. Clearly I was WRONG. I don't know, you metioned his name and I saw someone who wasn't you standing next to the car and I just made an assumption. HELLO! It's a woman. Not Nic.

    ReplyDelete