Sunday, February 22, 2009

place settings.

i drove nic a little crazy (ok... a lot crazy) when we were registering for our wedding. Every dish I liked, I registered for. We ended up with:
12 square red with stripes plates, cups and salad plates
8 polka dot plates, 4 bowls.

12 light blue/teal plates, salad plates, mugs and saucers
(in actuality i just bought these like 5 months ago.. oops.)
4 green with white flower plates
2 mustard yellow plates

2 ivory plates
6 red plastic plates, bowls (not like disposable plates, though we do use those also on occasion)

4 crazy colored (each a different color) plates, bowls, salad plates and glasses

4 white square plates, salad plates, bowls and mugs.

I can't think of any more but I am sure if I wasn't so lazy I could go into the kitchen and find even more sets. So, I like dishes, what can I say? Here are a few... (future purchases, perhaps?)


$49 for a set of 4 {dinner and salad plates, bowls and mugs} at target
{I love damask but realize i probably won't love it FOREVER, but that is the joy of a $49 set, I won't feel guilty replacing it in a couple of years or breaking a plate in the sink}


$69 for a set of 4 also at target.
{I don't own any corelle but i love it, i love the way it feels- lightweight but super durable.
seems like the perfect choice for kids- plus i love this pattern.}


$8 each at urban outfitters

$4 each also at urban
Ok... i never should have looked. i love all the dishes at urban- it was hard to pick just 2.



$20 for a 32 piece set! {+ free shipping- what a steal!} at TheLostPlayground

(be forwarned- you have to pay extra for the "zoom tool")

$69 for a 5 piece set {like it serves just one person.. so this one adds up quickly :}
at crate and barrel




$1.95-$3.95 each at cb2

$1.50 each also at cb2.
--I almost bought nic this warhol print instead of the gun print i ended up getting for his birthday last year. but, i love this quote and i love this artistic genious- and what better way to pay homage then to eat dinner off of his face?

{ok... so do you know/love cb2? It is a co-brand with crate and barrel (which i also love... but crate is more of a classic style and cb2 is a bit more edgy) I think they only have a store in Chicago right now but i really shouldn't have revisted their website because i LOVE it. so much. if i had to pick just one store for our whole house, this would be it {though i would never want to pick just one store for everything- and i guess if i really did it would be macy's thrift store in idaho falls, but cb2 is really, really awesome}

2 comments:

  1. I completely support this as I have a huge dish fetish. I only have one set here because we have no cupboards or a dishwasher but I have many sets packed at home in Utah. You would love Fishes Eddy here in NY! Oh and there's a cb2 store here too, in SoHo. They have such fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love dishes, too! Devan won't let me buy any more. But I might have to go on a little secret shopping spree after seeing your picks.

    ReplyDelete